Since 2000, the summer meeting of the Island Government Financial Officers’ Association (IGFOA) has immediately followed the annual conference of the Government Finance Officers Association. The theme for the 107th Annual Conference of the GFOA was “Bridges to Financial Sustainability.”
The objectives of the IGFOA Meeting were to:
- Review key issues and ideas presented during the GFOA Conference and discuss how they apply to the insular governments;
- Review the progress of the insular government’s single audits and attempts to measure finance office performance and develop cash management plans;
- Discuss areas of federal grant management and administration with federal government representatives from Region IX department and agencies;
- Review recent GASB announcements and requirements while reviewing GASB-54 implementation plans; and
- Build government specific plans to address single audit improvement, enhance finance office performance measures and process improvement, and developing cash management plans.