Since 2000, the summer meeting of the Island Government Financial Officers’ Association (IGFOA) has immediately followed the annual conference of the Government Finance Officers Association. The theme for the 109th Annual Conference of the GFOA was “Innovation and Resilience.”
The objectives of the IGFOA Meeting were to:
- Review key issues and ideas presented during the GFOA Conference and discuss how they apply to the insular governments;
- Provide the Finance Directors and Managers with human resource management skills needed to engage their employees in finance office initiatives;
- Provide the Finance Directors and Managers with training on the recent Federal OMB Omnibus Super-Circular and how it affects their finance office operations;
- Review the progress of the insular government’s single audits and attempts to measure finance office performance and develop cash management plans;
- Review recent GASB announcements and requirements; and
- Build government specific plans to address single audit improvement, enhance finance office grant related process improvement, and develop human resources in financial management operations.